I think every girl should highlight what they feel is their best feature. If you have high cheek bones, help them glow with a great blush. If you have plump lips, show them off with a killer lipstick. Personally, I’m a huge eye make up girl. I love experimenting with different eye shadows, mascaras, and eye liners.
Everyone who knows me knows that I am OBSESSED with the smoky eye look. I think it’s the best way to make your eyes pop and glam up your outfit for a night out. I wanted to share the products I personally use to get my look. I use a combination of department store products and drug store products. I don’t always think that the BEST products are from department stores or cosmetic specialty stores (Sephora or ULTA). I’m convinced that we are all brainwashed into thinking drug store products aren’t as good of quality. Oh what good marketing can get people to believe…
- MAC White Frost (silver eye shadow) or MAC All That Glitters (gold eye shadow): Depending on the outfit, I wear either silver or a semi-gold shade as the first coat over my whole eye and in the very corner of my eye.
- MAC Carbon M (black eye shadow): The pigmentation is SO strong on this black that I usually don’t even wear primer. I use this as a top coat over my eye liner as well to get more of a smolder effect. I love the smokiness of this particular black and the fact that it doesn’t have tacky glitter in it.
- LORAC Front of the Line (liquid liner): I use liquid for the top of my eye. The thickness of the liner is dependent on how heavy the rest of my make up is for the night. I usually put a thicker coat when I’m wearing nude lips and light bronzer to emphasize my eyes. **BEAUTY TIP**: If you are debating which products you could just buy at the drug store and not spend a lot on, liquid liner is one of them.
- L'Oreal Paris Pencil Perfect Ebony (pencil liner): I use pencil for the bottom of my eye.** BEAUTY TIP**: If you think you have small eyes, wear the liner on the outter part of your eye to make them look bigger. If you think you have big eyes, wear the liner in the inside part of your eye to make them look smaller.
- CoverGirl LashBlast (mascara): This is the BEST mascara out there if you have thin long lashes and want them to look thicker. I have literally tried every department store mascara there is, and this is definitely my fav. By the way, I accidentally bought the waterproof version instead, and it does NOT have the same effect so be careful before purchasing!
- MAC 213 Fluff Brush: I use this brush to apply the silver/gold all over the eye. This is the ONLY part of smoky eyes where the type of brush you use doesn’t really matter.
- MAC 275 Medium Angled Shading Brush: I use this brush to apply the black in the corner of my lid.
- MAC 222 Tapered Blending Brush: This brush is GREAT for blending! My number one MUST have eye makeup brush
- MAC 263 Small Angle Brush: I use this to put the silver/gold in the corner of my eye.
- MAC 214 Short Shader Brush: I use this when I use my black eye shadow as liner for an extra smoky look
What look do you prefer for a night out? Smoky eyes or the natural look?