I had so much fun with BuzzFeed today doing a shoot on South Asian makeup tricks! We did around 11-12 different tips, featuring several of my favorite beauty hacks. This meant tons of makeup remover, moisturizer, and yes I masked the night before (god bless you Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask).
See below for a sneak peek into my favorite look (which also happened to be the last look) of the day and all the products that went into creating it! My favorite part about it is how many CoverGirl (aka drug store products) went into creating it. I love discovering an affordable product, and I know you guys have been asking me to share more as well - win/win :)
- Lips: CoverGirl Colorlicious lipstick in divine wine – it has shea butter & the color really lasts almost like a stain to the point where it was an issue for the shoot today because we were doing so many look changes, but hey, it’s normally a good problem to have! Also, purple/lavender is officially my summer go-to color (that and coral...and pink...okay I have a few favs).
- Cheeks: CoverGirl Colorlicious lipstick in enchantress blush. As the name of the lipstick says, it's a good blush hack ;) I layered a powder blush on top to set the blush and really make it pop with stila's custom color blush in pink.
- Mascara: W3LL PEOPLE mascara the expressionist on both top and bottom lashes - love a good all natural mascara for this look.
- Eyeliner: Cynthia Rowley Beauty eyeliner in shimmery brown
- Brows: CoverGirl eye shadow quad in go for the gold. I used the dark brown in the palette to shade in my brows! Again, hacks for the win.
- Bronzer: W3LL PEOPLE Bio Bronzer for a subtle contour.
- Foundation: CoverGirl Queen all day flawless 3-in-1 foundation in the shade sand. I think everyone at the shoot was shocked to see how well this blended into my skin, including me! Always used to mixing foundations together to find the exact right shade to match my skintone.
- Hair: I wanded w/ a Sedu clipless curling iron and set my hair with the .
- Earrings: Shashi double ball pearl earrings
- Necklace: Gorjana tanner bar mini necklace
- Top: Zara
I live snapped the day on my Snapchat (deepicam), but wanted to share the pics here with you guys incase you don't have Snapchat. Couldn't capture the fun "behind the scenes" videos, but here are some picture highlights!
I'm so excited for this piece to come out next month (will keep you guys posted when it's live) - I now understand why they need so long to put these pieces together. There is a TON of work that goes into creating them - I couldn't have asked for a more professional yet energetic team to work on this story with. Can't wait for you guys to tell me your thoughts!
P.S. Several of the tips were bare face to highlight specific tricks. Please be nice (ahem: talking to you internet trolls) - this is an anti-bullying zone, and it was all in the name of sharing some fun tips with you all :)